Dr Satyanarayana Reddy is highly experienced nephrologist with 28 years of experience who returned to India in 2017. He completed his MBBS at Kakatiya Medical College,Warangal and then obtained his DNB in General Medicine at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. He then Moved to UK to complete his higher medical training. He obtained MMedSci Research (UK), MRCP (UK) and joined a 5 year training programme in Nephrology and General Medicine.He then obtained CCST General Medicine and CCST Nephrology (UK) before working in some of the most prestigious top University Hospitals in UK as a Consultant Nephrologist. He initially worked as a Consultant Nephrologist at Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Scotland, which is one of the major centre for Kidney and Pancreas transplant in UK. He then moved to Stoke-on-Trent as the head of department for Chronic Kidney Disease at Royal Stoke Hospital, which is a world leading institute for research in Peritoneal Dialysis. During this term he was the Principal Investigator for many International clinical trials and has numerous international publications.
A Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) is the highest and most prestigious qualification for healthcare professionals in Europe. It is awarded in UK after successful completion of 5 year structured training in a chosen speciality, including Royal College Fellowship and achievement of multiple Good Standing Domains recommended by the General Medical Council,UK. Only CCST doctors are eligible for entry onto the Specialist Register and this is mandatory for the appointment of a permanent Consultant in UK.
He has developed innovative methods of dialysis in crash landers on dialysis. He presented his findings at the National NHS Innovations conference and was rewarded as one of the best innovations. He has also innovated the use of peritoneal dialysis in refractory heart failure patients, which is now being tested in a large multi-centred clinical trial. He has developed numerous hospital protocols to drive and improve patient care. His main areas of interest include Prevention of Chronic Kidney Disease, Renal Anaemia, Acute Dialysis and Transplantation. He is the Chief Research Investigator for OPTIONS trial on acute dialysis. He was the Principal Investigator for 11 International multi-centred clinical trial on chronic kidney disease, renal anaemia, renal vasculitis, haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. He presented his research work in many International medical conferences across Europe and has published his work in various medical journals.
Sr. Consultant Nephrologist at Pace Hospital,Hitech City, Hyderabad – March 2017 to date
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENTS AS RENAL CONSULTANT IN UK:
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK — Renal Consultant in Renal/Transplant Medicine.
- University Hospital of North Midlands, Stoke-on-Trent,UK —Renal Consultantand head of department for Chronic Kidney Disease, renal vascular access and acute peritoneal dialysis.
- Colchester General Hospital, Essex, UK — Consultant in Renal Medicine and Acute Medicine.
- North Devon District Hospital, North Devon, UK — Consultant in Renal Medicine and head of the department.
Renal Services provided at PACE Hospital
- Chronic kidney disease
- Acute renal failure and ICU Nephrology
- Haemodialysis & Peritoneal dialysis
- Renal Transplantation
- Hypertension & Diabetic renal failure clinic
- Clinical Nephrology management
- Nephrotic syndrome management
- Urinary Tract infections (UTI)
- Electrolyte abnormality
- Renal stone prevention
- Renal procedures – Renal biopsy, haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis catheters